Attic Inspection Checklist
- Are you hearing noises in the attic of your home or business?
- What time of day are you hearing the sounds?
- How often are you hearing the noise in the attic?
- Is it consistent?
- How long have you been hearing the noise?
- Where is the noise typically being heard?
- Have you seen raccoons, opossums, squirrels, rats or mice?
- Do you have any compromised soffits, or soffit vents?
- Do you have any powered roof vents on the home?
- Do you have trails in the insulation from animal activity?
- Have you noticed raccoon poop in the attic?
- Are there rat droppings??
- Are there signs of mice in the attic?
- Do you have damaged insulation or damaged ductwork in the attic?
Compressed Attic Insulation
If you have a raccoon, opossum, or squirrel in your attic, they will cause damage to your insulation as they walk on top of the insulation. Over time, this activity affects the R Value of the insulation. You can try harassing them to get them to leave but often times raccoon removal from an attic will be needed. We have the equipment, training, and experience needed to safely and humanely remove the problem animal from your attic. Once they are removed we can pest proof and seal up your home to prevent future damages. You may ask who to call for an attic inspection. We would love the opportunity to earn your business.
Attic Insulation Removal
Adding Insulation To Your Home
We are fully equipped to add attic insulation to your home or business. We can work with your builder, your contractor, your insurance company, or you directly. We highly recommend you follow OERB recommended R Values for this region when installing your insulation. This will help your energy efficiency of your home or business.
We Offer These Insulation Options In The Edmond, Guthrie, Yukon, Piedmont, Oklahoma City, Moore, Norman, Oakdale Valley, Nichols Hills, Crescent, Jones, Spencer, and Surrounding Metro Areas:
- Loose Fill (Blown In) Fiberglass Insulation
- Loose Fill (Blown In) Cellulose Insulation
- Loose Fill (Blown In) Mineral Wool Insulation
- Fiberglass Batt Insulation
- Wall Insulation
- Add Over Your Existing Insulation
- Spray Foam
For more information you can email us.
To schedule an appointment for an inspection please call our office at 405-464-2121
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How To Remove A Raccoon From My Attic?
A: You can try to harass them but usually trapping and removal is needed.
Q: What is a latrine?
A: A latrine is any area in the attic space where the animal uses the area as a toilet. Urine and feces in the attic, if left untreated, can cause mold, staining to the ceiling, and even respiratory problems over time. It is highly recommended to remove all contaminated insulation.
Q: Can a raccoon fall through my ceiling?
A: It is possible! We have responded to calls where raccoons have fallen through the ceiling in homes and offices.
Q: How much does it cost to remove an animal from my attic?
A: The pricing can vary. It will depend on the time of year, how many animals you may have, is it birthing season, are there babies, how many access points are there that need to be secured. We recommend scheduling an appointment for an inspection where we can give you a proper estimate to take care of your problem.